This is one of my go-to recipes.
Parmesan Baked Tilapia
Prep time 10 minutes – Cooking time 17 minutes
Boneless Tilapia Filets (we use 3)
2 Roma Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Mozzarella cheese
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Salt with Parsley
4 Cloves of garlic
1. Preheat your oven to 425.
2. Defrost your tilapia, if frozen in warm water for about 5 minutes.
3. Peel your garlic cloves and thinly slice your roma tomatoes.
4. Start the rice.
5. Drizzle olive oil to cover the bottom of a glass baking pan (for 3 fillets I use a 9×9). Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with garlic salt and black pepper.
6. Lay you tilapia fillets in the pan, drizzle with olive oil and season the top with the garlic salt and black pepper. I don’t measure this, but I find that I use as much as I would if I were eating cooked food without seasoning. Just judge it according to your taste.
7. Use a garlic press and press all four cloves of garlic and spread over the fish. We like it garlicky, so again, adjust this to suit your tastebuds.
8. Layer the sliced romas on top of the fish and garlic, sprinkle with mozzarella and finally top with parmesan.
9. Bake, uncovered, at 450 for 15 minutes. At the end, I turn the broiler on high to brown up the cheese (about 2 minutes).
10. Your fish and tilapia should both be done. I finish the rice with 1 Tbsp of margarine and a little of the garlic salt.
11. Plate the rice in the middle of the pate, place tilapia on top and drizzle the pan juices.
12. Serve with salad or veggies of your choice!